Long Term Symptoms include –
- Sugar craving (or less frequently, sugar aversion).
- Poor mineral and vitamin absorption causing anaemia, malnourishment and general poor health. Often B vitamins, folate, tryptophan, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium and other vitamins and minerals will be low. Patients take supplements of these minerals and vitamins with little or no benefit, because they are not being absorbed. They eat good high-nutrient foods, but again many micronutrients in this food are not digested properly.
- Poor skin, nails and hair.
- Underweight, difficulty gaining weight (however, it is also possible to be overweight whilst suffering FM).
- Being moody, early signs of depression.
- Osteopenia/osteoporosis, which can also be caused by a diet high in fructose and low in magnesium.
- Blood triglyceride levels raised.
- Heart disease.
- Inflammation in many forms, including skin problems like rashes, hives, eczema, and dermatitis etc, IBS, heart diseases.