Well…clearly there is no fool proof treatment to stop one from going bald. BUT, it can be slowed down, and at the same time improve the health of your hair and scalp. I’m going to split this info’ over a few posts as there is a lot.
The health of your hair, like your skin and nails, comes mostly from what’s going on inside you. That is to say, if your body is deprived of essential nutrients, your hair and scalp will suffer. If you use commercial shampoos and conditioners, you are doing your hair and scalp a great disservice. These products are very similar to commercial household cleaning products, so they are harsh and strip your hair and scalpof its natural oils and vitality. Go for products that are sulphate and paraben-free and —there are many available. This is a must.
According to ‘Traditional Chinese Medicine’ the condition of your hair reflects the health of your kidneys, so anxiety and fear is going to affect the state of your hair and scalp. Your hair will naturally go through some changes every seven years, and hormonal changes are also likely to affect your hair.
– essential fatty acids—from wholegrains, legumes, fresh nuts and seeds, dark leafy green vegetables, spirulina, flaxseed oil, hemp, chia, pumpkin and chia seeds—help with dry and brittle hair, improving the texture
– those foods high in B vitamins for hair health and growth
– those high in vitamin C for improved circulation to the scalp
– vitamin E foods increase oxygen uptake and improve circulation, thereby improving hair health and growth
– zinc stimulates hair growth by improving immunity
– kelp is packed with minerals to promote growth
– protein-rich foods are important for growth
– biotin deficiency has been linked to hair loss and skin problems—foods high in biotin are brown rice, cracked wheat, peas, lentils, oats, soya beans, sunflower seeds and walnuts
– arame, hijiki and wakame promote gloss and prevent loss
– mulberries strengthen the liver and kidneys, thereby preventing premature greying and hair loss.