Suck on one when you’re feeling digestive discomfort. You’ll need 1 teaspoon dried and chopped licorice root, ½ cup slippery elm powder, (both of these from your health food store), and 2 tbsp raw honey or another natural sweetener.
1. Make a tea by adding the licorice (or burdock) root to 1/2 cup water and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then strain.
2. Put 1- 2 tablespoons of good quality honey (up to you) into a ¼ cup measuring cup. Add enough of the licorice tea to fill the cup.
3. Put the slippery elm powder in a bowl and make a depression in the center. Pour the tea into the hole and mix to make a smooth dough.
4. Sprinkle some slippery elm powder on a flat surface and roll out the dough to about a ¼ inch thickness.
5. Cut the lozenges into small circles, using a small cap.
6. Leave them out uncovered overnight of for a day or two until completely dry, yarn store n an airtight container.