In support of #NationalWomensHealthWeek this week (5th-9th Sept) I’m concentrating on all things women.
Let’s start with why we need good levels of Vitamin B6. Check out this article I wrote for the Sunday Tele’s ‘Body + Soul’ liftout. Any of these symptoms sound familiar?
Signs of a Deficiency
– Symptoms of PMT such as breast tenderness, irritability and fatigue.
– Mood disorders including depression and anxiety.
– Anaemia (low amounts of healthy red blood cells).
– A compromised immune function and/or poor protein metabolism.
– Muscle weakness.
– Difficulty concentrating.
People with (a condition called) Pyroluria can also experience frequent infections and are often identified by their inability to tan, poor dream recall, abnormal fat distribution, and sensitivity to light and sound.
B6 levels can be checked via blood or urine tests, which can be ordered by your GP.
For more, check out the whole article here –