Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus castus) is a shrub native to Greece and Italy whose berries have been used in herbal medicine for centuries. It is considered one of the most popular herbs in Europe and other Western nations for the support of female reproductive imbalances.
Recent clinical research and traditional use of Vitex have shown its amazing ability to help balance fertility hormones. Chaste Tree does not contain hormones, but it has a supportive and gentle action on the body. This is one of the most useful fertility herbs available to us.
Chaste Tree has a supporting and regulating effect upon the pituitary gland, known as the “master gland”. It controls many bodily functions like sending chemical signals to the ovaries, telling them how much hormones to make. This communication is known as the hormonal feedback loop.
– Vitex is one of the best fertility herbs available to us when it comes to balancing hormones and regulating the menstrual cycle.
– It helps the body to increase its own production of luteinizing hormone (LH) – promoting ovulation to occur – which in turns boosts progesterone levels during the luteal phase.
– Endometriosis: Used to treat mild endometriosis and prevent it from advancing.
– Miscarriage: If miscarriages are due to low progesterone, ChasteTree may help.
– Lack of menstruation (amenorrhea) or a heavy period: Chaste Tree will help regulate your cycle regulate, usually before 6 months.
– Uterine cysts: Chaste Tree (Vitex) has been found to be helpful at reducing cysts that are growing within the smooth muscle layer of the uterus.
– Contraceptive pill: It regulates your period after being on the contraceptive pill. After discontinuing estrogen-containing birth control pills, Chaste Tree taken for several months has been shown to help stabilize the cycle and induce ovulation more quickly.
How To Use Chase Tree – It may start working within 10 days, but full benefits may not be experienced until 6 months or longer.
I suggest it to be taken once a day in the morning on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast if possible. (Not essential though.) Vitex should be used all month long without a break.
Ask for it in your health food store – as alwasy a practioner-only brand is going to best.