Helpful foods for this season, which officially/astronomically started on Wednesday, September 23 at the Equinox.
- small amounts of a concentrated sweetener such as raw honey, raw agave, coconut palm sugar, panela, rice syrup or maple syrup
- pungent culinary herbs, such as mint, basil, fennel, marjoram, rosemary, caraway, dill and bay leaf
- most of the complex carbohydrates—such as wholegrains, legumes and seeds—have a sweet flavour, which increases with sprouting and chewing
- baby carrots, beetroot and sweet potatoes are also sweet
- raw, young and sprouted foods are ideal now— cleansing and cooling, they are said to encourage rapid movement and outward activity in general.
Foods to avoid
- preservatives, chemicals and artificial additives of any kind
- too much oil, salt, fatty foods, meat, dairy
- those foods and habits that burden the liver
Keep the veggies raw or only slightly cooked as the warmer heats up.